Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sweet Sketch Wednesday # 157- Saturated Canary

Hello and Welcome to Sweet Sketch Wednesdays.  It is Heide here from Michigan and I am your hostess this week here at SSW. We are happy to have you join us this week. This week our sponsor is Saturated Canary. If you have not stopped by Krista blog to see her image...your should. Krista is the artist and owner of Saturated Canary and she will be giving away any 2 free digi images to this weeks winner.

 Let's get started this week by announcing the winners of last week's challenge....

the Grand Prize winner is:


"Congrats, Louise, please pick FOUR non-colored images from Melissa's store HERE: http://shop.meljensdesigns.com/, then email Nicole at :nicole.anderson@insightbb.com with your digi names and she will take care of you!"
 Congratulations! Be sure to grab your winner's badge from the sidebar and display it proudly on your blog.

Our Top Three are:

1:  TRACY B #19
2:  KIM #15
3: VICKIE LEIGH #1

Here is the sketch this week .


Another great sketch this week by Arlana.  Be sure to check the rules for the challenge at the bottom of this post - we want everyone to be eligible for the Grand Prize!




Here is a little something about Krista.

My name is Krista Smith. I am the artist behind the Etsy shop, Saturated Canary Digis. I began working in the stamping world about a year ago when I was hired to create rubber designs for the sweet Scottish company, Sugar Nellie. They launched my artwork under the name 'Simply Sassy.' I moved into the digital world just this past month (it's been a super busy month, indeed!). And-- I love it!! There is a little more freedom here, as I can create anything that pops into my head:)! I am so humbled by the artistic talent of the girls coloring in my designs-- it is truly an inspiration! Likewise, I am so thankful for the friendships I've made in this wonderful and lovely crafty community! It's been a true delight! I'd love for you to stop by my challenge/inspiration blog, Saturated Canary Challenge and join in the fun...And, while you're there, click over to my personal blog (Saturated Canary) and introduce yourself! I am a bit eclectic and touch on everything from family (I've got me a great one!) to fashion (obsessed!)...Please say 'hi!'...I'd love to be friends!:)

Here is what our wonderful design team has created with some darling images from Saturated Canary.


Jeannie



Sharon

                                                                 
  Linda
   
                                                                       
                 


                                                           Nancy
                

                                                                        Heide









We hope these samples inspire you to create and join in our challenge this week.

Here are the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge rules for playing along:.

1. Create a card using the sketch of the week.  If you have Saturated Canary images, we'd love to see what you can do with them.  However, you may use any stamp or element you have to create your card.

2.  If you are posting to an online gallery, please use Sweet Sketch Wednesday # 157 as your label or tag.

3.  Add the sketch of the week to your blog and include a link back to Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

4.  Post your card on your blog along with the link to SSW.

5.  Sign in to Inlinkz and add a direct link back to your card on your site.

6.  Be sure to leave a comment here on this site and please remember that this is one of the rules to be considered for the Grand Prize.

Have a fantastic week creating!

Note:  The challenge closes on Tuesday evening, 7:00 pm MST.


Heide &


Photobucket

41 comments:

  1. Wow, some beautiful cards here ladies. It never ceases to amaze me how one sketch can look so different depending on colours and materials. Judi's papers are just so amazing for that image. I could go on cos they're all so gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Annette
    Netty's Cards
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say WOW just like Annette this weeks cards look so amazing and all very different. Congratulations to all our winners this week awesome work ladies. Thank you so much Krista for being our sponsor this week I had so much fun working with my image. Arlana thanks for another wonderful sketch to work with and Heide great posting. I'm really looking forward to seeing what all our wonderful followers will do with this sketch happy crafting everyone, wishing you all a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great work from the DT and Thanks to Krista for being our Sponsor.
    Congrats to this weeks winners.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks for picking me as nr 2 in your top 3.
    Gorgeous creations from the DT girls. Love those digi's.

    Hugs Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, is right! What an incredible display of cards this week. I love this sketch. And, all of you have done an amazing job this week. Thanks Heide for for posting and Many thanks to Krista for sponsoring us this week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Louise and our top 3! Krita, your images are always fun to work with and we appreciate your sponsorship! Heide, thanks for the post this week, hope everyone has a great week and a fun time creating with this week's sketch.
    hugs....Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing creations, once again!!!! Thanks to Krista for being our sponsor! I love this sketch (actually, I love all of them, lol!) and will be posting my card shortly! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful projects from the DT and I just love the images from Saturated Canary! Perfect sketch for these adorable images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these cards are incedibly amazing! I love the coloring and all the fabulous papers! Thanks, Krista, for your lovely images. I loved creating with mine and I know the other DT did too. Thanks for sponsoring us this week. Arlana, this was an awesome sketch. Not sure how you do it! Thanks, Heide for your post this week as we always appreciate our DT and their help. Thanks to our wonderful followers, for their creativity and comments to all of us! Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful sketch and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello everyone another busy week. When my husbands off we are working out in the yard non stop. What sweet cards this week design team. I love Krista's images and what to thank her for sponsoring us. To all our player I cant wait to see what you create this week. Love your sweet comments. Thanks for joining us each week. Hugs arlana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, beautiful cards and coloring! Lots of inspiration from the Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love the sketch and totally adore Saturated Canary images. Great inspiration DT and fantastic challenge thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what wonderful cards ladies.. and scrummy sketch too xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sponsor's images are adorable! Thanks for the sketch, it was fun to play with. Hope you all are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE this sketch! What a fun one and great cards this week from the DT!
    Erika O

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous sketch ladies, perfect for me to use Krista's image with. Hope you like it. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for another great sketch! I always love designing my cards using your sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for another great sketch to work with! The DT samples are fantastic! I love Krista's images! I enjoyed playing along again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous creations ladies and a wonderful sketch as always.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great DT creations! So happy to play along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another fab sketch and super DT creations too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Girls,I just can't resist your fab sketches.I'm addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow! I'm sooooo happy that I won last weeks grand prize! The first time ever! Thanks so much!
    GREAT sketch again this week and love the DT cards xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful DT cards, fun sketch!

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful inspiration, DT! And a great sketch to use! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great sketch! I absolutely adore Krista's work. Her little creations are so cute, and inspire such creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for another great sketch. Just had to use one of Krista's images too. Love her work.

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's the first time, and i hope there will be many more, that i've coloured a Saturated Canary digi.
    Love the sketch!!Hope you'll like what i made of it. Enjoy your evening, Colinda

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, I really enjoyed playing along this week. The sketch is one that I've really loved and I've saved it off to use on future cards too. I don't know why it specifically appealed to me this week more than most weeks, but I already plan to use it again and again. Thanks girls.
    Annette (Netty)
    Netty's Cards
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great sketch! Awesome inspiration from the DT.

    -Lori Byrns

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful DT cards and a great sketch !

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for the inspiration and the great examples by DT members.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for a fabulous sketch ladies (I flipped mine,I hope that's ok) gorgeous cards by the DT too :-)

    Sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. phew ~just got my card in on time!!! wonderful cards 9as always) and love those images ~wish they were rubber stamps!!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful DT cards!
    To me the sketch was a little hard, but at the the end I created a card which I'm very happy with!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is my first visit to your challenge blog and I will be back for more (hopefully not leaving it so late!). Fab sketch and lovely DT cards.
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such a fun sketch!! Love the DT cards too. here is my take on it:
    http://scrapwithstacy.blogspot.com/2012/06/last-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lovely painting and awesome pictures. Innovative thoughts!!!

    Reading Games

    ReplyDelete