Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday 195: Bugaboo Stamps

Hello!  Welcome to another Wednesday, and that means another Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge.
This is my first post on the Sweet Sketch Wednesday page, so please bear with me.  Who would have thought that only a year ago I had just started making cards again, and here I am, on the design team for Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  This has been an amazing opportunity for me and I am enjoying every minute of it.  The only downside is that I can't enter the challenges any more :-(
Anyway, this week I would like to talk about mothers.  In the UK, we have mother's day coming up on Sunday, 10th March, so don't be surprised if you find lots of entries from the UK this week which are in fact cards for Mother's day.

This is me and my mum:



We don't always get along like the best of friends, but I would be lost without her.  I also don't usually tower over her quite that much - I had 4 inch heels on - I am normally only a teeny bit taller than her, having inherited her midget gene (my dad and both my sisters are tall).
Anyway, I have been wracking my brains over the last few weeks trying to decide what to buy or make her for mother's day.  I still haven't decided and will probably only decide the day before.

But shall we get onto the Sketch . . .
Let’s get started by announcing the winners of last week’s challenge…..
The Grand Prize Winner of Sketch #194-5 is: Donna from Craftdee #29

Congratulations!  

Please email Judi at
for your gift code
Subject: Digi Stamp Boutique and SSW February 2013 Winner


Be sure to grab your winner’s badge from the sidebar and display it proudly on your blog.

Our Top Three are:
1.  Mei #25

2. Alex #23

3. Pat #11
Amazing job girls! Please grab your Top 3 badge from the sidebar and post it on your blog!

Are you ready for Sketch 195?



We are so excited to have Jodi from Bugaboo Stamps as our sponsor this week.  I LOVE Bugaboo stamps.  She seems to have something that fits everyone's crafting style.

Everything That You Ever Wanted to Know About Bugaboo Stamps:

As if raising five children in the frozen land of the North was not enough of a challenge, Jodie Mackrell decided to dip her cold little Canadian toes into the world of paper-crafting by opening an online store full of her illustrations. That was two years ago. Today Bugaboo Stamps is one of the leading companies in digital images, and we're still growing! From seriously snarky to sugary sweet to sublimely soulful all the way over to the other side of the super sexy spectrum, you're bound to find all that you need and more to create your paper projects. Jodie works very hard to provide New Releases and Freebies every week!


Check out all the cool stuff on the Bugaboo website.

Our prize this week is 7 (yep, count 'em) SEVEN digistamps from the Bugaboo site.  Yah-hooo!







Kathie from Kathie'z Kardz



Nancy from Mulberry Station



Linda from Stampers Touch



 
Sharon from Inklined To Stamp



Here are the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge rules for playing along:

1. Create a card using the sketch of the week. If you have Bugaboo images, we’d love to see what you can do with them. However, you may use any stamp or element you have to create your card.

2.If you are posting to an online gallery, please use Sweet Sketch Wednesday #195 as your label or tag 

3. Add the sketch of the week to your blog and include a link back to Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

4. Post your card on your blog along with the link to SSW. 

5. Sign in to InLinkz and add a direct link back to your card on your site.

6. Be sure to leave a comment here on this site and please remember that this is one of the rules to be considered for the Grand Prize.


Note: The challenge closes on Tuesday evening, 7:00 pm MST.

Good luck, I can't wait to see what you create!

Holly and 

Photobucket




17 comments:

  1. Great cards from the DT and another wonderful sketch from Sally. Interesting to know that UK celebrates Mother's Day in March whereas we do May. Good luck Holly in making your card and gorgeous picture - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone what a week with all those wonderful cards. Congratulations to our winner and to our Top 3 cards great work. Thanks Sally for another great sketch especially for using up all the scraps. Thanks Jodie for being our sponsor it's so much appreciated and I just love working with your images. JJ, Stella and Guss have to be my three favourite. Yes we celebrate Mother's Day in New Zealand on the second Sunday in May just like the US and Father's Day is the first Sunday in September. Take care everyone and I'm back to comment on your blogs, I'm really looking forward to visiting you this coming week.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Holly and what a lovely picture of you and your Mum.
    Love everyones cards this week a congrats to the winner and top 3.
    Big thanks to Jodie for being this weeks sponsor. Have a super week.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for picking me in the top 3. That is a HUGE honor!!!
    Another great sketch and the DT has certainly provided wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thrilled and honored to have my card chosen for the Top 3. Thank you so very much. Your sketches are a dream to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone, I usually do my commenting in the morning on Wednesdays but slept in and needed to get to work. I love your post Holly. Such a fun picture of you and your mom. Congrats to our winners this past week. We had some adorable cards. I look so forward to seeing what our players create. Thanks, Jodi for sponsoring us this week. It is so fun to work with your images. It is really a treat. have a good week everyone.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all the DT cards this week! Wishing I could hold and touch them all! Such a fun sketch, Sally! Holly, your post is lovely. Thanks for sharing your wedding photo with your mum! Thanks, Jodi, for sponsoring us again. We never grow tired of Bugaboo! Thanks for your creativity! Congrats to our winners! I hope you all have a fabulous week!
    Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab sketch, I couldn't wait to use this one. Super DT cards too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photo Holly and a great post. Fab projects from the DT. As Kathie said we celebrate Mothers Day in May here in New Zealand. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great first post Holly!! Thanks for sharing the picture - fabulous!! Thanks so much to Jodi of Bugaboo for her Sponsorship!! Excited for this week's cards!!
    Blessings to you all!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabby cards ladies.. Loved them that much I just had to have a play too lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards from DT and love the sketch. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Ladies, lovely to see all your gorgeous DT cards. Fab sketch Arlana! I'm sorry to say that there are cupcakes on my blog again today...I always seem to have cake related photos to post when I join in your challenges!! Hope you're all keeping well, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love bugaboo image and another fun sketch to showcase them. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another great sketch! It was just perfect for my little penguins.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whew - made it this week! Thanks for another great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This type of sketch is always a bit more of a challenge for me, but I think I got it! Thanks, DT members - what a great variety of examples for us.

    ReplyDelete